Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Cafe Vaquera Pledge Jam... March 9, 2010


I always like to do something special for Pledge Drive. This spring drive I invited Jim Stewart and Craig Abrahamson from Portland into the Ol' Cafe V. Together they make up "Bivalve." Denise Drake joined me as co-hostess and we all busted out a few great tunes in a real old fashioned radio session of originals and covers, ta-boot! Too Tall Tom, Cowboy Jack, and Joey Patenaude, all helped keep things afloat. We did really well... thank you everyone.

1. The Play-Rite Boys, "Calamity Jane Theme," by Teddy Deane, 2009.
2. Barnaked Ladies, "If I had $1,000,000.00.) iTunes
3. Lyle Lovett, "M-O-N-E-Y," by Lyle Lovett, (Pontiac, Curb 1988.)
4. The Hunger Mountain Boys, "No Phone, No Tone," (Three, Old-Fi Records 2006.)
5. David Lindley and Wally Ingram, "Pay Bo Didley," (Twango Bango Deluxe.)
6. The Play-Rite Boys, "I Can't Make Your Love Car Go," by Teddy Deane, (Doggone Good Time, Frederick Productions.)
7. Baby Gramps, "When A Body Is Out of A Job," (Same Ol' Timeously, Baby Gramps 1999.)
8. Trashcan Joe, "Cell Phone," by Jason Wells, (Real Life, Trashcan Joe 2007.)
9. Louvin Brothers, "Cash on the Barrelhead," (Back to Back, iTunes.)
10. Leon Russell, "If You've Got the Money Honey, I've Got the Time," (Hank Wilson, Vol.II, Leon Russell 1984.)
11. Denise Drake, "See you When I See you," by Denise Drake, (Read My Lips, Smokin' Mamma.)

No comments:

Post a Comment